Event Title: Curating the Future
Who: Asia Society Hong Kong, University of Glasgow, London Metropolitan University, Science Museum Group, Hong Kong Museum of Art
Theme: Art meets Science
Genre: Panel discussion/thought leadership event
Location: JC Cube Auditorium
Age group: 12+
Registration required: No
|19/01/2019||14.30 - 16.00||Walk-ups are welcome on the day|
An exploration of museums and digital innovations and the future of museum and art curation.
A dialogue with curators, artists and museum/collections professionals on the in-residence model of collection use and its benefits for organisations and audiences, as well as the potential for using creative writing as a public engagement practice. Discussion will include: creating compelling narratives around objects, collections/archives and heritage spaces; devising educational resources and sessions; and exploring hidden and neglected histories in order to revitalise collections and attract new audiences.
- Dave Patten, Head of New Media, Science Museum Group, UK
- Dr Jacek Ludwig Scarso, Artist and Senior Lecturer in Theatre and Performance Practice, London Metropolitan University
- Dr Maria Mok, Curator (Chinese Antiquities), Hong Kong Museum of Art
- Zoë Strachan, Director of Glasgow Women’s Library, Senior Lecturer and Programme Convenor, Creative Writing, University of Glasgow
- Professor Louise Welsh, Professor of Creative Writing, University of Glasgow
- Moderator and Lead: Alice Mong, Executive Director, Asia Society Hong Kong