Event Title: Altered Realities: The Future of Learning
Who: BSD Education, Coventry University, English Schools Foundation (ESF), Technological and Higher Education Institute (THEi)
Theme: Altered Realities
Genre: Panel discussion/ thought leadership event
Location: JC Cube Auditorium
Age group: 12+
Registration required: No
|17.00 - 18.30
|Walk-ups are welcome on the day
Extended reality is no longer just for sci-fi films. As technology becomes ever more ubiquitous and affordable, immersive technological experiences are increasingly accessible both to educators and the individual.
Virtual and altered reality technology is already playing a major part in numerous fields from engineering to entertainment, but how can we better prepare for this new world? Technology-based teaching promotes personalised and customised learning experiences, but how will this shape the future of education and what opportunities and challenges does it present? This panel aims to explore such questions and examine how immersive technology will increasingly play a central role in our learning, both in and out of the classroom.
- Professor Shearer West, Vice Chancellor, University of Nottingham
- Dr Shaun Hides, Academic, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Coventry University
- Professor Christina Hong, President, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi)
- Kevin Tibble, Learning Technology Adviser, ESF
- Moderator and lead: Chris Geary, CEO, BSD Education