Event Title: Promoting 21st century skills in the future workforce
Who: Britannia StudyLinks, Hong Kong Design Institute, Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, Esperanza, Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, University of Strathclyde
Theme: Future Skills
Genre: Panel discussion/ thought leadership event
Location: JC Cube Auditorium
Age group: 12+
Registration required: Yes
|19/01/2019||10.15 - 11.45||Click here to register|
There is sometimes a perception among employers and governments that young people are not equipped with the creativity, critical thinking or communication skills that are essential for the workplace.
Is this perception fair or accurate? And how do young people respond to this criticism? The session will examine what different stakeholders – governments, parents, career counsellors, schools, universities and young people themselves – can do to ensure the future workforce has the right skills for a prosperous and sustainable future.
- Douglas Brodie, Executive Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Lay Lian ONG, Principal, Hong Kong Design Institute & Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Lee Wai Lee)
- John Tsang, Founder, Esperanza
- Albert Wong, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Science and Technology Park
- Moderator and lead: Samuel Chan, British Council Study UK Alumni Awards winner, Founder, Britannia StudyLinks