Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Your access to the free online preparation courses: 'IELTS Ready Premium'
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. In Hongkong, you can also take IELTS Online (IELTS Academic only) from the comfort of your home or any private space with a reliable internet connection.
You can book your IELTS test with us online.
Tests we offer in Hong Kong
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||HK$2,380||Book now|
|IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)||HK$2,380||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - in centre||HK$2,530||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre||HK$1,515||Book now
|IELTS Academic Online||HK$2,300||Book now|
|IELTS on computer in centre - Academic and General Training test||HK$2,680||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training) - in centre||HK$2,830||Book now|
**[Register for IELTS now to receive FREE Preparation bundle – ‘IELTS Ready Premium’ and ‘Road to IELTS’ Full version! ]**
Register IELTS on Computer, and you will get our exclusive and premium preparation bundle of ‘IELTS Ready Premium’ and ‘Road to IELTS’ Full version exam preparation pack for free, more detail on the offer: https://bit.ly/3C9TwID
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to input your ID number when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above) or you can download this booking form and apply at your test centre.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: IELTS Ready Premium
If you do not receive the email, please contact us at 2913 5100 or email@example.com no later than three days before the test. You can also view and print the information on our online system under the 'My Test' section after login.
You may login to the Test Taker Portal using your email address and password. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.