The British Council in Hong Kong offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online (and, where applicable, at our office at 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong). When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test*||HK$2,090||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test*||HK$2,090||Book now
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)**||HK$2,020||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||HK$1,515||Book now
* From 7 April 2020 onwards the fee for IELTS Academic and General Training (paper- based or computer-delivered) test is HK$2,150.
**From 7 April 2020 onwards the fee for IELTS for UK Immigration and Visas (Academic and General Training) is HK$2340.
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test*||MOP$2,530||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test**||HK$2,460||Book now
* From 7 April 2020 onwards the fee for IELTS Academic and General Training (paper- based or computer-delivered) test is MOP$2,590.
** From 7 April 2020 onwards the fee for IELTS Academic and General Training (computer-delivered) test is HK$2,520.
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to input your ID number when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- For IELTS for UKVI, you can apply online (above) or you can download this booking form and apply at your test centre.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation email.
If you do not receive the notification, please contact us at 2913 5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than three days before the test. You can also view and print the information on our online system under the 'My Test' section after login.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You may login to the Test Taker Portal using your email address and password. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.