British Council holds IELTS in both Hong Kong and Macau.
The current IELTS test fee is HK$2,010 in Hong Kong and MOP$2,450 in Macau.
*Note: IELTS UKVI test is only available in Hong Kong. For Hong Kong or Macau registrants who wish to take the test, please click here to register.
- The written tests (listening, reading and writing) will be held on Saturday mornings (from 9:00 am to 12:45 pm).
- Speaking tests will be held either Saturday (from 1:20 pm to 8:00 pm) / Sunday (from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm) / Weekday (from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm).
- Please refer to the online registration system for the Speaking Test date of each test session.
- Candidate will be notified the exact speaking interview time upon receiving our confirmation email.
- A confirmation email including the test location will be sent to candidate 1 week before the test session.
You can now choose between paper-based and computer-delivered IELTS
Below are the venues that we typically use in Hong Kong and Macau. However, venue location cannot be chosen as they are subject to availability unless specified on our website. All test venues have centralised sound system for Listening.
British Council, 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East, 3 Tong Tak Street, Tseung Kwan O, NT
Eaton Hotel Hong Kong, 380 Nathan Road, Kowloon
Hotel ICON, 17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
New World Millennium Hong Kong Hotel, 72 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
Regal Kowloon Hotel, 71 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Regal Riverside Hotel, 34 - 36 Tai Chung Kiu Road, Shatin, NT
Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Road West, Kowloon
The Royal Garden, 69 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong Hotel, 70 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon
Pui Ching Primary School, No. 80 Waterloo Road, Kowloon
MPI-Bell Centre of English,3rd floor, Meng Tak Building, Rua de Luis Gonzaga Gomes, Macao
World Trade Center Macau - Lotus Room, Av. Da Amizade, No 918, 5th Floor