Hong Kong Chiropractic College Foundation aims at fund raising for the establishment of a chiropractic college in Hong Kong. It intends to train more local chiropractors to serve the general public in Hong Kong. As of today, there are only around 200 practitioners to serve 7.5 million local people, that is, each chiropractor needs to serve as many as 44,000 people. This is far from sufficient! At present, all registered chiropractors in Hong Kong are mainly graduated from USA, Canada, UK and Australia. The number of local chiropractors has been increasing at a slow pace.
A scholarship is available to study Chiropractic (Master of Chiropractic) in Anglo European College of Chiropractic, UK. The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for the four - five years of study which is depended on the entry year level (Year 0 or 1). The sharing of scholarship recipient can be found at our website at www.hkccfl.org.hk/scholarship_sharing.html.
Interested parties who meet the following minimum academic requirements and conditions may apply.
- At least B grades in GCE “A” Level in Biology, Chemistry and Physics; or
- Level 5 in HKDSE in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics (Not including combined science) or equivalent; and
- IELTS 6.5 or above or equivalent
- Hong Kong Permanent Resident
- Responsible, well-disciplined and has integrity
- Presently residing in Hong Kong
- Return and practice in Hong Kong after graduation
The scholarship will be granted on the following conditions:
- The scholarship covers the entire tuition fees for the four – five years of study which is depended on the entry year level (Year 0 or 1).
- It is subjected to the College endorsement and its continued award shall be conditional on successful completion of each academic year of the programme of study.
- Failure to complete successfully an academic year of study may lead to revocation of the award.
- There is no maintenance component to the award. The scholarship holder is responsible for all living, travelling and incidental costs and expenses for the duration of the programme of study.
Interested parties should write with detailed resume, passport sized photograph, copies of GCE and IELTS results or equivalent, two recommendation letters, together with a separate sheet, with not more than 400 words statement (Your statement may include: Your passion in Chiropractic; Whether you have any intention of pursuing it as a career; Your commitment to Hong Kong; and how you feel you will be benefitted by the Scheme) to Hong Kong Chiropractic College Foundation Ltd, 11/F., China Hong Kong Tower, 8 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or to email@example.com. Any other supporting documents which can assist us on assessing your application can also be attached in your application.
The Scholarship Selection Panel of Hong Kong Chiropractic College Foundation will invite those short-listed candidates for interviews. There are three professionals including chiropractor and professor from university in the Panel. The winner(s) will be notified individually by the end of July each year.
Information provided will be used for scholarship assessment purpose within the Hong Kong Chiropractic College Foundation Limited.