SCHOLARSHIP FOR A POSTGRADUATE MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL, UNITED KINGDOM
The University of Bristol is widely recognized as one of the top-ranking research and teaching universities in the United Kingdom. The Hong Kong Branch of the Bristol University Alumni Association in Hong Kong is offering a scholarship to a suitably qualified student from Hong Kong going to Bristol for post-graduate studies in the academic year commencing in September 2024.
1. The Scholarship will be available in conjunction with a postgraduate Master’s degree programme in any field of study with maximum programme length of two years, and is intended to assist with tuition fees payable to the University, up to a maximum of £15,000.
2. For two-year Master’s degree programmes, only fresh applications will be considered. Applications from current students of two-year Master’s degree programmes will not be entertained. The scholarship will be conditional on the completion of the first-year of studies if the candidate is accepted for a two-year Master’s degree programme, and the payment will be made after the submission of provisional transcript as proof of completion.
3. The successful candidate
a) will have been accepted for a programme of study by the University of Bristol for the academic year 2024-2025, and
b) have substantial links with Hong Kong, for example by:
- residing in Hong Kong for seven out of the last ten years; and
- completing the majority of his or her formal education in Hong Kong
A graduate of a university outside Hong Kong should normally have returned to the SAR and worked or studied here for at least two years after graduation.
4. The Scholarship will be awarded to eligible students on grounds of proven or potential academic excellence, and the contribution which he or she is likely to make to Hong Kong on their return. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to demonstrate both the need for some financial assistance, and the ability to fund the balance of the costs of undertaking a course of study in Bristol, including living expenses.
5. The deadline for application is March 18th., 2024
6.Short-listed applicants for the Scholarship will be invited for interview in Hong Kong in April - May, 2024. Attendance in person is required.
7. The executive committee of University of Bristol Alumni Association Hong Kong Branch reserves the right to withdraw the offer of the Scholarship in anytime if in its sole determination it believes the circumstances are such that this is in the best interests of the applicants due to public health, safety or other concerns.
Information about the University of Bristol may be obtained from the British Council, 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong SAR or by visiting the University’s website at www.bristol.ac.uk. Applications to the University should be sent to the appropriate Faculty Office, University of Bristol, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 1TH, United Kingdom.
Further information about the Scholarship may be obtained by visiting our website at www.bristolalumni.org, or contacting: Dr. Raymond YUEN, Chairperson, University of Bristol Alumni Association, Hong Kong Branch on firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms for the scholarship should be downloaded from the same website. Please submit the completed scholarship application Form 2 electronically via email@example.com by March 18th., 2024.