British Council teams up with True Light Middle School for iPad Activity Morning
One-day free interactive and fun workshop for teachers
Recognising the increasing popularity and importance of digital technology in our everyday lives, the British Council is teaming up with True Light Middle School to organise iPad Activity Morning-- a one day series of practical, interactive and fun workshops aimed at teachers interested in using iPads in . Experienced teachers from the British Council and True Light Middle School will lead practical workshops suitable for both upper primary and junior secondary teachers.
Participating teachers will have the opportunity to meet, share experiences and join a network of teachers across Hong Kong who are interested in using mobile technology to engage students and enhance opportunities for language learning. The British Council is an official Apple Regional Training Centre currently specialising in integrating iPads into the classroom while True Light Middle School in Tai Hang has been developing knowledge and expertise in e-learning, especially around using iPads in the classroom, for a number of years.
Limited seats are available for interested teachers to register online for free. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Details of iPad Activity Morning:
Date: 15 March 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 8.45 a.m. – 12.15 p.m.
Location: True Light Middle School, 50 Tai Hang Road, Hong Kong Island
Audience: Upper-primary and junior-secondary teachers
- Task-based language learning and teaching with iPads in S1 classroom
- Teaching Language Arts with iPads in S1 classroom
- Ways of getting student-produced content on and off the iPad for sharing and formative assessment
- Teaching English through Pop Culture: Augmented reality for integrated skills
- Collaborative writing using iPads
- Educational experiences with digital game-based learning using iPads