One of our most popular courses, our Phonics courses incorporate good practice from the ‘Letters and Sounds’ and ‘Jolly Phonics’ programmes to create a multi-sensory learning experience. This course is aimed at children attending K1-K3. Your child will learn through a range of fun multi-sensory activities to help them remember the sounds and combine them to make age-appropriate words. Our course is taught by highly experienced British Council teachers trained in teaching Phonics.
Your child will:
- learn the 42 letter sounds
- develop handwriting and letter-formation skills
- learn how to combine letter sounds to make words
- learn how to identify letter sounds in words and segment them to spell
- learn tricky words – words that cannot be decoded using phonics
- Learn to blend and segment longer words with alternative spellings of letter sounds
- prepare for writing phrases and sentences creatively.
After completing our series of Phonics courses, your child will acquire the skills needed to read and spell using letter sounds.
Download the progression chart at the bottom of the page.
To arrange a phonics assessment for your child, please call us on 2913 5100 for details.