Some of our most popular courses, our Phonics courses incorporate good practice from the ‘Letters and Sounds’ and ‘Jolly Phonics’ programmes to create a multi-sensory learning experience. This course is aimed at children attending K1-K3. Your child will learn through a range of fun and multi-sensory activities to help them remember the sounds and combine them to make age-appropriate words. Our course is taught by highly experienced British Council teachers trained in teaching Phonics.
On these courses, your child will:
- learn the 42 letter sounds
- learn handwriting skills and letter formation
- learn how to combine sounds to make words
- identify sounds in words and segment them to spell
- learn tricky words – words that cannot be decoded using phonics
- learn about alternative spelling – different spellings that are pronounced the same way
- learn to write what they can say.
The course is structured into three stages. After completing our series of Phonics courses, your child will acquire the phonics skills and be able to read and write based on the sounds.
Download the progression chart at the bottom of the page.
To arrange a phonics assessment for your child, please call us on 2913 5100 for details.