**To support efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, you can now choose to take our English level test at home or at our English Language Centre. **
MyFoundation is a course for lower-level English language students that is designed to help you develop your English from the very beginning of your learning journey.
You will take part in real-life communication activities in class designed to help you develop your foundation skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing. Our structured course will enable you to build your confidence and your use of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Language points are regularly reviewed throughout the course to support you in your studies, together with expert teaching, progress tests and extra study sessions.
On this 36-hour course, you will:
- Progress quickly across the summer with two 3-hour lessons per week for 6 weeks.
- Build a solid foundation of English, especially in grammar and vocabulary.
- Develop your speaking and listening skills through discussing topics that include: Family & friends, Descriptions, Food and drink, Habits & routines, Jobs & work, Everyday life, and Hobbies & activities.
- Improve your pronunciation to increase your confidence when speaking.
- Receive guidance and feedback from your teacher throughout the course.
- Interact with a wide range of classmates from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Our Starter level is designed for students with no previous experience of studying English. On this course you will:
- Learn the basics of speaking and listening through regular conversations and the use of video.
- Learn the sounds of the English alphabet for correct pronunciation.
- Develop and build confidence in your reading skills.
- Practise writing skills, including handwriting and spelling.
- Learn new vocabulary and grammar through topics that include: Meeting People, Families, School life, Geography, Work, Food and Health, Money, Technology, Free Time, and Fashion.
- Develop your critical thinking skills to help prepare you for future work or study.
- Progress to MyFoundation Beginner after completing the course.
Our Beginner level is designed for students who already have some basic knowledge of English and can communicate in a simple way. On this course you will:
- Develop your speaking and listening skills through discussing everyday topics that include: People, Work and Study, Daily life, Food, Places, Family, Travel, Health, Shopping, Communication and Entertainment.
- Improve your reading skills through texts such as articles, web pages, emails, blogs and text messages.
- Practise writing simple sentences and short paragraphs about your life.
- Practise your pronunciation including tricky sounds, word stress and tones.
- Take regular tests to show your progress.
- Join extra study sessions in MyClub.
- Progress to MyClass Elementary after completing the course.
MyClub is a schedule of free cultural and social sessions. MyClub provides a great opportunity to connect with other learners and practise English beyond the classrooms.
Sessions include Grammar Doctor, Pronunciation Doctor, Music Lounge, Travel Club, Vocabulary Booster, and many more.
MyClub is available to students studying at MyFoundation Beginner level.