Updated: Friday 21 January 2022
In line with the government’s latest announcement, please find outlined below the measures the British Council in Hong Kong is taking to support efforts to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We apologise for any inconvenience that these may cause, but please be assured that the health, safety and well-being of our customers and the community in which we operate is our top priority.
The following is the arrangement from Saturday 22 January to Sunday 30 January:
Classes continue as scheduled
- All Adult courses
Classes going online
- Kindergarten Foundation, K2, K3, Phonics (except for First Phonics (6-Stage) Phonics 1), Success in Starters, Primary courses
- From Saturday 22 January: Secondary courses held at Wong Siu Ching Secondary School (Tsuen Wan) and Lam Hon Kwong Secondary School (Shatin)
- From Monday 24 January: Secondary courses held at our Admiralty teaching centre
- Playgroup, K1, First Phonics (6-Stage) Phonics 1
Alternative arrangements for cancelled classes will be communicated soon. Details for online classes will be sent via email as soon as possible.
All our English Classes will continue with strict hygiene and social distancing measures in place.
The following is the arrangement from Saturday 22 January to Sunday 6 Febuary:
Exams continue as scheduled
- IELTS (candidates must be 16 years old or above)
Exams arrangements to be reconfirmed according to individual session
- School Entrance Examination
- Cambridge English: A2 Key for Schools
- Cambridge English: B1 Preliminary for Schools
Alternative arrangements for suspended or rearranged exams will be communicated soon. Details will be sent via email as soon as possible.
Test report forms
Test takers who have already taken their test will receive their TRF by mail.
If results are urgently needed and it is 5 days since your computer delivered test or 13 days since your paper test then please email your test centre.
Our Admiralty and Tsim Sha Tsui centres are closed to the general public until further notice. You may only access our buildings to attend an English class or exam. Any other access is strictly by appointment only.
For those who are permitted to attend our centres, we have strict hygiene and social distancing measures in place, which include:
- Compulsory health and travel declarations
- Compulsory mask wearing
- Temperature checks
- Spacious, well-ventilated classrooms and exams venues
- Reduced class sizes
- Maintenance of social distancing in the class and exams rooms and for queuing
- Regular disinfection of public areas and all rooms after each class and exam
- Provision of hand sanitisers in all rooms and public areas
Please note that if you are notified by the government or medical authorities to attend for a Covid-19 test, please do not use our services until you know your result is negative.
As we are currently receiving a very large number of enquiries to our inbox, email and phone lines, our usual response time is delayed. Please accept our apologies for this, and we ask for your patience as we deal with them one-by-one.
For enquiries relating to our English courses, please contact us at:
For exams enquiries:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 2913 5100
More information on protecting yourself from Covid-19 can be found here:
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to update our measures in the days ahead.
We ask that all customers and visitors please comply fully with all our protocols to maximise the health and safety of all.
Many thanks for your continued support and understanding at this difficult time.
The British Council in Hong Kong