Primary Plus incorporates real-life topics that relate to children’s personal experiences, so as to improve their language naturally and arouse an interest in exploring the world using English. We use interesting themes when teaching both vocabulary and sentence structure with personalised support for students on setting short and long term goals. Our approach develops students’ understanding of the language, their 21st century skills and their ability to communicate confidently in an all-English environment. Give your child the opportunity to become a master of English!
Primary Plus (P1–P6)
Five reasons to register your child for Primary Plus
Build your child’s confidence and ability in English
At each level of Primary Plus, tasks are specially designed to be stimulating and take into account the developmental stage of the children. In addition to learning grammar and vocabulary, there is a balance of all four language skills.
- Primary 1 and 2 students will work on their presentation skills, build accurate sentences and learn to pronounce new vocabulary correctly.
- Primary 3 and 4 students will learn how to write creatively, learn story-telling structures and practise language in written and spoken activities.
- Primary 5 and 6 students will further refine their presentation skills and pronunciation and learn how to form and discuss opinions and compare ideas.
Equip your child with skills for life
- Primary Plus supports children in their personal, social and emotional development, as well as in developing important 21st century skills naturally, through specially formulated activities.
- We have developed our six key life skills (21st century skills) according to the ‘6Cs’ framework developed by Michael Fullan and Maria Langworthy (2013), and UNESCO’s transversal skills (2013):
|Creativity and imagination
Leadership and personal development
|Critical thinking and problem solving
Collaboration and communication
Learn more about the 21st-century skills.
Fun and interactive classes
- We use a variety of stimulating materials and activities such as games, music and tasks that employ logic and higher-order thinking to appeal to students of all learning inclinations and preferences.
- Through tackling real-life tasks, working in groups and crafting researched answers and innovative solutions, students not only build the all-round language skills for tackling school exams, but also develop their 21st century skills.
- Our lessons create an environment where children are free to express themselves and ask questions.
A clear sense of progress
Each module finishes with a final communicative task with measurable outcomes, such as a project, a writing task or a presentation. Teachers will help identify what your child does well and areas they need to develop based on their language skills and their classroom performance. You will be able to see your child’s progress through:
- modular assessment of in-class tasks with feedback every six lessons
- automatically marked online grammar and vocabulary activities.
Your child will receive a report at the end of each module and a certificate after they have completed two semesters.
Primary Plus online portal
The learning activities on the Primary Plus online portal are specially designed for grammar and vocabulary training, with language learning games that unlock once students reach a certain level of progress.
You can download the Primary Plus online portal student guide at the bottom of this webpage.
Course fee and length
Course starts in：September / February
Course length：19 weeks, 28.5 hours. One 1.5-hour lesson per week
Please refer to the timetable (PDF) at the bottom of the page for details.
The course fee includes all course materials.
Please download the course timetable and course date at the bottom of this page.