Give your child a head start – with inspiring English classes for kids
Primary Plus, our English course for kids, will encourage children to express themselves in a safe, motivating environment. Primary Plus incorporates real-life topics that relate to children’s personal experiences, so as to improve their language naturally and arouse an interest in exploring the world using English. Our approach develops students’ understanding of the language, their core life skills and their ability to communicate confidently. Children feel in control of their own learning and grow in confidence as they develop their fluency in English.
Inspiring. Engaging. Motivating.
Your child will:
- build confidence by speaking in English about familiar topics such as their surroundings; from their bedroom to their neighbourhood
- express themselves through exciting activities and group projects – exploring subjects like the natural world; from under the sea to outer space
- develop important life skills which will prepare them for their future beyond the classroom.
Learn English and so much more
Young students on our English courses learn by getting involved in activities that interest them. Our expert teachers help them develop their English skills and also creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
Set your child on the path to success
We see parents as partners. You will receive regular feedback on your child’s progress. At each age, we will assess their development in the English language and core life skills.
Each module finishes with a final project where students can apply all of their skills and knowledge to complete a real-life task such as planning a class trip or developing a proposal to improve the local area. Teachers will identify what your child does well and the areas they need to develop based on their language skills and their classroom performance. You will receive detailed feedback from the teacher on your child's progress in their end of semester report, as well as throughout the course on our learning hub.
Keep track of your child's learning journey with our learning hub
Continue learning at home to prepare for class. The British Council learning hub:
- has fun games and activities to practise and improve vocabulary and listening and reading skills
- helps your child arrive at class more prepared and motivated to express themselves
- helps your child build great habits for life and track their progress
To find out more about our learning hub, please see the introduction videos below.
**To support efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, your child can now choose to take our English level test at home or at our English Language Centre. When making your online booking, you are still required to pick a centre for the test. After completing the booking, we will contact you to confirm where you would like to take the test.**