Our new Secondary Plus courses for S1–S4 students focus on developing authentic English and will equip you with skills that you can use in exams and the world beyond the classroom.
These project-based courses prepare you so that you can become a confident and competent user of English. You will:
- be exposed to rich and meaningful real-world language use
- explore patterns of language use
- carry out engaging and relevant tasks
- construct a broad and solid knowledge base of the modern world by linking what happens in the classroom to life across this city, Asia and the world.
The courses improve your understanding of the lives and cultures of others and how these compare with your own (an important part of building multiple perspectives). They also develop your citizenship, critical-thinking and leadership skills.
Academic and exam skills are integrated into each module. Language contexts are matched with local school curricula and the demands of school exams, with different formats of tasks and example answers being analysed. You will:
- learn strategies for answering exam-type questions well
- understand the skills needed to succeed in reading, writing, speaking and listening papers.
You will use online and in-class activities to develop and revise your language skills and follow a curriculum that supports personal growth by treating you as an individual.
The course involves online research and independent pre-lesson preparation in order to maximise time for learning and interaction in class. You will regularly receive personalised written and oral feedback from teachers on your performance and development. The Secondary Plus online platform provides grammar, reading and listening practice activities that allow you to consolidate and extend your learning.
Course fee and course length:
Please refer to the timetable (PDF) at the bottom of the page for details.
Please download the course timetable and course date at the bottom of this page.