**To support efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, you can now choose to take our English level test at home or at our English Language Centre. When making your online booking, you are still required to pick a centre for the test. After completing the booking, we will contact you to confirm where you would like to take the test.**
Secondary Plus will help you to succeed at school, prepare for local and international exams and to get ready for university. Our Secondary Plus courses for S1–S4 students focus on developing authentic English and will equip you with skills that you can use in local or external exams and also the world beyond the classroom.
From projects to presentations, the future begins here.
Secondary Plus goes much further than a typical English language course. Through research, presentation and collaboration, you will gain a vital set of skills – and the confidence to use them. You will:
- be exposed to rich and meaningful real-world language use
- carry out engaging and relevant tasks
- enjoy dynamic lessons on real-life topics that will prepare you for a global world.
These courses will improve your understanding of the lives and cultures of others and how these compare with your own (an important part of building multiple perspectives). They will also develop your citizenship, critical-thinking and leadership skills.
The English language course built around you
Academic and exam skills are integrated into each module. Real world topics and language skills are matched with local school curricula and the demands of school exams. You will:
- gain confidence in speaking English through activities such as presentations, fun debates, vlogging and interviews
- practice the skills and strategies you need for success in school exams
- develop life skills such as collaboration and leadership to help you succeed in the future whilst having lots of fun along the way.
You will participate in online and in-class activities to develop and revise your language skills and follow a curriculum that supports personal growth by treating you as an individual.You will regularly receive personalised written and oral feedback from teachers on your performance and development.
Keep track of your learning progress with our learning hub
Come to class fully prepared and more motivated. With the British Council learning hub you can:
- complete activities in your own time to improve reading and listening skills and build new vocabulary
- upload written work for your teacher to assess
- track your progress on a personal dashboard
To find out more about our learning hub, please visit the introduction videos below.
Supported by your friends. Guided by your teachers
Everyone is welcome on Secondary Plus. It is an open, relaxed classroom environment, where you are seen as an equal. You will work alongside others, develop projects, and solve problems. Improve your leadership and digital skills while learning English.
The opportunities are endless
When you learn with Secondary Plus, you are setting yourself up for a global, connected future in which you can travel, work and live in English-speaking countries across the world.