English for Secondary
Master English, master your future! Develop the language skills that you need to be successful in your school exams, on the DSE exam and in global society.
- are taught by experienced and internationally qualified teachers in a small-class setting which is focused on interaction between teacher and students
- develop your speaking skills and pronunciation and consolidate your knowledge of grammar through engaging lessons with lots of speaking opportunities, rather than a ‘one-way’ tutorial style
- provide regular exam practice and strategies on tackling the DSE exam by encouraging you to apply the knowledge that you have acquired to answer exam-type questions strategically
- help you learn English by using topics you care about, with a stimulating and motivating curriculum that sparks your creativity and lets you express yourself fully
- help you develop your critical thinking skills and confidence, and benefit your everyday communication in our internationalised world
- use videos, songs, websites and computer games alongside books as learning material to help you understand the formats, genres and styles of English that you will encounter in the modern world.
In this section
Secondary Regular English Courses (S1-S2)
Through up-to-date topics linked to current issues and real-life tasks, you can develop communication skills in English, as well as in critical and creative thinking and collaborating.
Secondary Regular English Courses (S3-S4)
Develop exam skills and enrich your language to prepare for the tasks you will face in DSE School-based Assessment (SBA) with clear real-life outcomes via stimulating tasks and projects.
DSE Exam Preparation Courses (S5-S6)
Master the language skills you need to be successful on the DSE exam. You will learn strategies to intelligently manage each DSE exam paper and how to apply the skills that you have learnt.
Cambridge exam preparation courses (S1-S2)
Designed for students in secondary school with previous English learning experience. Maximise your success with the internationally-recognised Cambridge English Examinations.
IELTS Summer Intensive Course
Specially designed for full-time students aged 18 or above to provide practical exam techniques and focus on your individual needs, helping you to achieve your best score!
IELTS exam preparation (Academic module)
Build the confidence and skills you need on the IELTS exam. Get practical tips and individual feedback to help you graduate from university, study abroad or get ahead in your career.