**To support efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, you can now choose to take our English level test at home or at our English Language Centre.**
**Under the guidelines of the Education Bureau, the British Council will operate according to the rules of the Vaccine Pass, starting from 24 February 2022. Entry to our premises will require the Vaccine Pass. In line with the same rules, our Young Learner students are exempted.**
With us, you can speak the world global language and be ready for anything.
Our engaging secondary courses unlock your potential and build your confidence to tackle any subject. Our practical DSE courses develop your exam study skills to set you up for future success.
Register for selected courses this summer, in September 2022, and in February 2023 consecutively and receive a HK$1,500 discount* on your February course fees. Book a free English level test now*.
You will learn with expert teachers in a supportive environment. Build your confidence to communicate in English and develop the life skills you need for a global world. Our stimulating courses provide challenging tasks where you can apply language skills to real-world projects. You will work alongside others to collaborate and solve problems. Improve your leadership and digital skills while learning English. Our courses:
- are taught by experienced and internationally qualified teachers from diverse range of backgrounds in a small-class setting which is focused on interaction between teacher and students
- prepare you for challenges related to the fast-changing world in which you are living and will live. We help develop the core skills and competencies such as critical thinking, communication and collaboration, citizenship, creativity and imagination and digital skills
- help develop a broad and solid knowledge of the world by linking what happens in the classroom to life across this city, across Asia and across the world.
- help prepare you for school exams with regular study skills practice, where you can apply the knowledge that you have acquired to answer questions strategically
- develop speaking skills and pronunciation and consolidate your knowledge of grammar through engaging lessons with lots of speaking opportunities, rather than a ‘one-way’ tutorial style
- use a wide range of learning materials, including short videos, interviews, presentations, magazines and textbooks, so that you will be able to better understand the formats, genres and styles of English that you will encounter in the modern world
- include regular and personalised oral and written feedback from teachers.