The British Council is now recruiting child and teenage models aged 4-17 to participate in the production of our advertisements. Just send your children’s photos, together with the application form, to firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will have the chance to be invited to casting and to participate in the photo session. Photos and videos will be published in different media.
Applicantiond are closed. Shortlisted models will be invited for casting in the first half of February. Selected models will then be invited to participate in the shooting of our advertisements/promotional materials. (The tentative shooting dates will be three of the days between 24 February and 11 March.) We will contact the shortlisted with further information, including the casting and shooting dates.
Group 1: Children aged 4-11 (K2–P6)
Group 2: Teenagers aged 12-17 (S1–S6)
Models should be proactive and love acting out different scenes in front of a camera.
All participants will receive a HK$200 British Council summer course voucher.
Children who are selected to participate in the shooting of our advertisements or promotional materials will receive a free British Council summer English course.
Terms and conditions
- Participants must be aged 18 or above and must be the parents or guardians of the model who participates in this activity.
- Participants must ensure that the submitted photos do not contain abusive language, or content related to sex and violence, or infringe on or violate any copyright or trademark rights. Failure to comply will result in the submission not being valid for entry. The British Council reserves the right to remove the eligibility of any participants who have violated any of the above guidelines as well as the right to take legal action. The British Council will not bear any responsibility for any acts that infringe our terms and conditions and/or the law.
- By submitting the photos, the participants:
- agree to the British Council photographing and/or recording my child and give permission to the British Council to use any material in the photographs and/or recordings where the copyright or any other rights are owned by my child;
- confirm that the British Council shall be entitled to use, free of charge, the photographs and/or recordings made of my child (without having to identify my child by name), in their original format or edited, adapted or altered, for the purposes of the British Council’s internal and external promotional and publicity materials and for any programmes, publications, websites, electronic publications and social media services worldwide produced by or on behalf of the British Council; and
- agree that the British Council shall be entitled to pass the photographs and/or recordings of my child, and my child’s name, to external press and media agencies, publishers and broadcasters, and to partners and other third parties with which the British Council works, anywhere in the world, for the purposes set out in this Consent Form.
- The selected model will not engage in promotional activities (including but not limited to photo and video shooting) for other learning centres or organisations of a similar nature from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019.
- Free summer courses and summer course vouchers are only applicable to students who have not registered for a 2018 summer English course. Please refer to the gift redemption email for the terms and conditions of the summer course vouchers and free summer courses.
- In case of disputes, the decision of the British Council shall be final and conclusive.