Our school adopts the UK-based International Primary Curriculum (IPC) delivered through a full immersion bilingual programme.
Curriculum and learning
International Primary Curriculum
The IPC is a comprehensive, thematic-based curriculum with a clear process of learning and with specific learning goals for every subject, for international mindedness and for personal growth.
The curriculum provides a holistic educational experience for children to develop in the following seven areas:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Problem-solving and reasoning (Numeracy)
- Understanding of the world
- Creativity (Expressive arts and design)
The IPC learning goals are divided into three parts:
The subject goals:
- cover the knowledge (the facts and information children learn), the skills (those practical abilities children need to be able to do) and the understandings (the deeper awareness of key concepts).
The personal goals:
- refer to those qualities and dispositions we believe children will need in the 21st century, which are enquiry, resilience, morality, communication, thoughtfulness, cooperation, respect and adaptability. These qualities will enable children to be at ease with the continually changing context of their lives.
The international goals:
- The IPC is unique in defining learning goals that help young children begin the move towards an increasingly sophisticated national and international perspective.
Full immersion bilingual programme
Our programme is delivered through a bilingual curriculum. Classes are taught in English and Chinese with daily Mandarin time. More Mandarin time will be dedicated to Lower Kindergarten (K2) and Upper Kindergarten (K3) students as their language development advances.
Our classes are taught by our well-qualified and experienced Early Years teachers with native language level proficiencies.
|Lower Kindergarten (K2)||50%||30%||20%|
|Upper Kindergarten (K3)||50%||25%||25%|
Your child’s typical day
Below is a typical day of Nursery (K1) class at our Pre-School.
|8.30 - 8.45 a.m.
1.00 - 1.15 p.m.
|Welcome and setting (E)
Promotes independence and gives children time to enjoy free play
|8.45 - 9.00 a.m.
1.15 - 1.30 p.m.
|Registration and toileting (E)
Time to reinforce the days of the week, weather and calendar
|9.00 - 9.30 a.m.
1.30 - 2.00 p.m.
|English and Chinese circle time, theme talk, story time (E & C - swap)
English/Chinese teacher-directed activities including theme talk, phonics, reading, numeracy and storytelling
|9.30 - 10.00 a.m.
2.00 - 2.30 p.m.
|Toileting, hand washing and snack (E)
Reinforces self-help and social skills. Dining etiquette is also introduced. Children learn about hygiene as they wash their hands before and after snack. (Note: Children will have to bring their own snacks.)
|10.00 - 10.20 a.m.
2.30 - 2.50 p.m.
Special focus activities
|Art (E) / Computer (small group) (C)||Music (C)||Art (E) / Computer (small group) (C)||Music (E)||Science (E)|
|10.20 - 10.40 a.m.
2.50 - 3.10 p.m.
Mandarin activities (M)
Mandarin teacher-directed activities including theme talk, pinyin, reading and storytelling
|10.40 - 11.00 a.m.
3.10 - 3.30 p.m.
Special focus activities
|Indoor gym (E & C)||Dramatic play area (E & C)||Indoor gym (E & C)||Library corner (E & C)||Indoor gym (E & C)|
11.00 - 11.30 a.m.
Integrated curriculum lessons (E & C)
|11.30 - 11.40 a.m.
4.00 - 4.10 p.m.
|Tidying up and reflection time (E)
Reinforces responsibility for maintaining our environment. Also a good opportunity for recalling what was taught in the day.
|11.40 - 11.45 a.m.
4.10 - 4.15 p.m.
|Goodbye songs (E)|
E stands for English, C stands for Chinese and M stands for Mandarin.
School terms and class times
We offer morning or afternoon classes from Nursery (K1) to Upper Kindergarten (K3).
First semester: August to December
Second semester: January to March
Third semester: April to June
All classes take place five days a week.
Morning session: 8.45 a.m. to 11.45 a.m.
Afternoon session: 1.15 p.m. to 4.15 p.m.