Parents of new students will be able to get their first lesson of selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Courses at HK$100 discounted price* by clicking register now to complete the form for our trial lesson. Children will experience our English-only environment and participate in a range of interesting and interactive classroom activities with other students. This will help prepare your child for their academic studies and school exams.
Trial lesson period: 28 November – 17 December 2022
Registration deadline: 15 December 2022
Address: British Council, 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong Island
Open to: P1 to S6 new students and their parents
Get a selected course in the September 2022 semester for free if you register for a selected course in the February 2022 semester after the trial lesson*.
*Only applicable to selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Courses. Terms and conditions apply. Details can be found at the end of this page.
- Primary English trial lessons (P1–P6)
Children can experience how our courses help strengthen their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and develop life skills such as creativity and higher-order thinking in an English-only environment through task-based learning.
- Secondary English trial lessons (S1–S6)
Students can experience how our courses help them to improve their English skills and obtain useful question-answering skills and strategies for tackling exams from our experienced teachers through discussion of daily-life topics.
- English level tests (P1–S6)
We offer both written and speaking tests. Our professional English Services Consultants will assess students’ English abilities and results will be given on the same day. The test is available to new students who have not taken our English entry test in the last six months.
- Course consultations
Our professional English Services Consultants will present our course details to you and help you select the most suitable course.
The English lessons are available only with advance registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Each parent can register each child for one session. If a parent registers a child for more than one session, only the latest registration record will be valid. Parents are required to register their children according to their level at school, and have to verify that the information they enter is correct. The British Council may cancel, without notice, any child’s registration in the case of missing or incorrect information.
To ensure your child’s health and safety, we have put some measures in place.
Vaccine Pass arrangements: Please note that all visitors of the Open Days will be required to scan the British Council or schools’ LeaveHomeSafe premise QR codes at the entrance and present a Blue Code in their Vaccine Pass (excluding visitors under 5) prior to entering the British Council premises or schools. Please refer to https://www.britishcouncil.hk/en/vaccine-pass for more information.
Temperature checks: please check temperature at home in advance. A temperature of 37.3°C is not acceptable and anyone with this temperature or above will not be allowed to join the Open Day activities. We will also check the body temperature of all visitors and staff upon entry to our teaching centres.
Masks: masks must be worn upon entering our teaching centres. Parents (or guardians) and students must wear a mask in class. Anyone refusing to wear a mask in class will not be allowed to join the lessons.
*Terms and conditions:
- The offer is valid from 28 November 2022 to 17 December 2022. Registration for the trial lesson must be completed during this period (including full settlement of the trial lesson fee).
- The discounted price of HK$100 is only applicable when a student is registered for a single lesson for the selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Course.
- If a customer registers for a selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Course that takes place in the February 2023 semester within three days (including the day of the trial lesson) of their child attending the trial lesson, they will get a free selected Primary or Secondary English Course in the September 2022 semester. Places for trial lessons are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Places for the free selected Primary or Secondary regular English course in the September 2022 semester are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The first free lesson will start from January 2023, and the lesson date and time will be selected by the British Council.
- The offer is only applicable to new students who have not studied with the British Council within the last six months.
- The offer is only valid for selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Courses (P1–S6) at Admiralty English Language Centre with remaining places. Places are limited and available only to those who have registered for the trial lesson in advance. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The offer is not applicable for primary and secondary skill-based English courses, IELTS Language Preparation Programme, IELTS Coach, IELTS Exam Skills One-Day Workshop and IELTS Mock 1-to-1.
- Customers are required to complete the payment process before the trial lesson within three days (including the day of the trial lesson). Registration for the trial lesson will only be confirmed after payment is completed. After registration for the trial lesson has been confirmed, the date of the trial lesson cannot be rescheduled, registration cannot be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
- New P1–S6 students have to take an English entry test before the trial lesson and our English Services Consultants will assess their English level to select the most suitable lesson for them to join.
- Should the behaviour of any student cause class disruptions and prevent the lesson proceeding as normal, they may be removed from the classroom and may not be accepted for registering for a free Primary or Secondary Regular English Course in the September 2022 semester. In these cases, unconsumed fees will not be refunded, and alternative compensation will not be offered.
- Lesson cancellations due to teacher sickness or circumstances within the control of the British Council will be made up in-centre. If the student is unable to attend the make-up lesson, no refund will be offered.
- Each student can only use the offer once. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or discounts.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. The offer cannot be redeemed for cash or other products.
- In the case of disputes, the decision of the British Council shall be final and conclusive.