New students will be able to get their first lesson of selected primary or secondary Regular English Courses for free by clicking to complete the form for our trial lesson. Children will experience our English-only environment and participate in a range of interesting and interactive classroom activities with other students. This will help prepare your child for their academic studies and school exams in the new academic year.
Receive a HK$300 course voucher* if you register for a course in the February 2024 semester taking place in our Tsim Sha Tsui English language centre after the trial lesson.
Deadline for trial lesson registration: 29 February 2024
- Primary English trial lessons (P5–P6)
Children can experience how our courses help strengthen their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and develop life skills such as creativity and higher-order thinking in an English-only environment through task-based learning.
- Secondary English trial lessons (S1, S4)
Students can experience how our courses help them to improve their English skills and obtain useful question-answering skills and strategies for tackling exams from our experienced teachers through discussion of daily-life topics.
- English level tests (P5–P6, S1, S4)
We offer both written and speaking tests. Our professional English Services Consultants will assess students’ English abilities and results will be given on the same day. The test is available to new students who have not taken our English entry test in the last six months.
- Course consultations
Our professional English Services Consultants will present our course details to you and help you select the most suitable course.
The trial lessons are conducted in English and are available only by registering in advance, on a first-come, first-served basis. Each parent can register each child for one session. If a parent registers a child for more than one session, only the latest registration record will be valid. Parents are required to register their children according to their level at school, and have to verify that the information they enter is correct. The British Council may cancel, without notice, any child’s registration in the case of missing or incorrect information. Please do not bring more than one child other than the registered child, or they will have to wait outside the classroom. Please ensure that you have another adult present who can take care of them. After the trial lesson, all P5-P6 students need to be picked-up by a parent or guardian, no students will be allowed to leave unaccompanied.
*Trial lesson and special offer terms and conditions:
- The trial lessons are only applicable to new students who have not studied with the British Council within the last six months.
- After submitting the trial lesson registration form, you will be contacted by our staff to confirm the information and arrange the trial lesson. You can only join the trial lesson with the confirmation.
- Places for trial lessons are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. After registration for the trial lesson has been confirmed, the trial lesson cannot be rescheduled or cancelled.
- The special registration offer is only valid when registering for a primary or secondary English course in the February 2024 semester taking place at the Tsim Sha Tsui English language centre on the same day of the trial lesson (based on the registered trial lesson date and full settlement of the course fee)
- New P5-P6, S1, S4 students have to take an English entry test before registering for our regular courses and our English Services Consultants will assess their English level to select the most suitable courses for them to join.
- Should the behaviour of any student cause class disruptions and prevent the lesson proceeding as normal, they may be removed from the classroom and may not be accepted to register our courses. In these cases, unconsumed fees will not be refunded, and alternative compensation will not be offered.
- Lesson cancellations due to teacher sickness or circumstances within the control of the British Council will be made up in-centre.
- Each student can only use the offers once. The offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or discounts.
- The course voucher is valid until 30 June 2024. Students can use their course voucher for future English course registration. The original copy of the course voucher must be presented upon registration. If the course voucher is lost, it cannot be replaced.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. The offer cannot be redeemed for cash or other products.
- In the case of disputes, the decision of the British Council shall be final and conclusive.