Parents of new students will be able to get their first lesson of selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Courses at HK$100 discounted price* by clicking register now to complete the form for our trial lesson. Children will experience our English-only environment and participate in a range of interesting and interactive classroom activities with other students. This will help prepare your child for their academic studies and school exams in the new academic year.
Trial lesson date: 2 or 9 September 2023 (either one day)
Registration deadline: 5 September 2023 (Registration is closed)
Open to: P1 to S4 new students and their parents
Primary courses centres:
Whampoa - Alliance Primary School
Yau Ma Tei – Yaumati Catholic Primary School
Primary and secondary courses centres:
Tsuen Wan - Wong Siu Ching Secondary School
Shatin - Lam Hon Kwong School
Receive an extra HK$500 course voucher if you register for a selected course in the September 2023 semester and February 2024 semester after the trial lesson*. First-come, first-served!
*Only applicable to selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Courses. Terms and conditions apply. Details can be found at the end of this page.
- Primary English trial lessons (P1–P6)
Children can experience how our courses help strengthen their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, and develop life skills such as creativity and higher-order thinking in an English-only environment through task-based learning.
- Secondary English trial lessons (S1–S4)
Students can experience how our courses help them to improve their English skills and obtain useful question-answering skills and strategies for tackling exams from our experienced teachers through discussion of daily-life topics.
- English level tests (P1–S4)
We offer both written and speaking tests. Our professional English Services Consultants will assess students’ English abilities and results will be given on the same day. The test is available to new students who have not taken our English entry test in the last six months.
- Course consultations
Our professional English Services Consultants will present our course details to you and help you select the most suitable course.
The English lessons are available only with advance registration on a first-come, first-served basis. Each parent can register each child for one session. If a parent registers a child for more than one session, only the latest registration record will be valid. Parents are required to register their children according to their level at school, and have to verify that the information they enter is correct. The British Council may cancel, without notice, any child’s registration in the case of missing or incorrect information.
For the trial lesson with parent briefing session, each student can only be accompanied by one parent or guardian. Please do not bring more than one child other than the registered child, or they will have to wait outside the classroom. Please ensure that you have another adult present who can take care of them. After the trial lesson, all primary students need to be picked-up by a parent or guardian, no primary students will be allowed to leave unaccompanied.
*Terms and conditions:
- Attendants of trial lesson on 2 September 2023 can enjoy the extra offer until 10 September 2023, while attendants of trial lesson on 9 September 2023 can enjoy the extra offer until 17 September 2023. Registration for the trial lesson must be completed during this period (including full settlement of the trial lesson fee).
- The discounted price of HK$100 is only applicable when a student is registered for a single lesson for the selected Primary or Secondary Regular English Course. Places for trial lessons are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The offers are only applicable to new students who have not studied with the British Council within the last six months.
- The extra offer is only valid when registering for one selected kindergarten, primary or secondary English course in the September 2023 and February 2024 semesters for the same student at the same time.
- The extra offer is not applicable for primary and secondary skill-based English courses, IELTS Coach, IELTS Coach Express (5-day), IELTS Language Preparation Programme, IELTS Exam Skills One-Day Workshop and IELTS Mock 1-to-1.
- Customers are required to complete the payment process before the trial lesson within three days (including the day of the trial lesson). Registration for the trial lesson will only be confirmed after payment is completed. After registration for the trial lesson has been confirmed, the date of the trial lesson cannot be rescheduled, registration cannot be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
- New P1–S4 students have to take an English entry test before the trial lesson and our English Services Consultants will assess their English level to select the most suitable lesson for them to join.
- Should the behaviour of any student cause class disruptions and prevent the lesson proceeding as normal, they may be removed from the classroom and may not be accepted to register our courses. In these cases, unconsumed fees will not be refunded, and alternative compensation will not be offered.
- Lesson cancellations due to teacher sickness or circumstances within the control of the British Council will be made up in-centre. If the student is unable to attend the make-up lesson, no refund will be offered.
- Each student can only use the offers once. The offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers or discounts (except regular English courses $500 offer and HSBC credit card offer).
- The course voucher is valid until 30 June 2024. Students can use their course voucher for future English course registration. The original copy of the course voucher must be presented upon registration. If the course voucher is lost, it cannot be replaced.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice. The offer cannot be redeemed for cash or other products.
- In the case of disputes, the decision of the British Council shall be final and conclusive.